Services offered to students
- Online Job Listings: Announcements for full-time, part-time, summer, internship and co-op positions are posted online through Career Services Online in the Center. Web registration is required to view listings.
- Oncampus Interviewing: Local, state and national companies/agencies schedule visits to campus each semester to recruit upcoming graduates and alumni for permanent positions. Some also interview students for summer, internship and co-op positions. Students and alumni must first register at Career Services to be eligible to participate.
- Cooperative Education: Cooperative Education (Co-op) is a supervised educational program for qualified students which integrates periods of academic study with periods of paid, professional work experience. The co-op experience prepares students for professional work experience in business, industry and government agencies.
- Career Day: Campus-wide Career Day held each fall and spring semester provide students and alumni an opportunity to explore career options with employers. Graduating education majors are invited to schedule interviews with school districts from Louisiana as well as out-of-state at Teacher Recruitment Day held each fall and spring semester. An annual Nursing and Allied Health Professions Career Dayis held during the fall semester. Dates of these events are posted on our website.
- Seminars/Events: Seminars are offered throughout the year to assist students and alumni in preparing for their job search including resume writing, interviewing tips and other job search strategies. Students gain valuable career related information by attending the Employer Panels sponsored each semester and scheduling Mock Interviews. A Business Dining Etiquette seminar is offered to registered graduating seniors. Space is limited and reservations are required. Visit our website for dates and times of seminars and events.
- Individual Appointments: Students may contact our office to schedule an appointment for individual advising with a staff member during any phase of your career planning or job search process.
Services to Employers
- Free Online Joblisting Service: Employers can now post job openings online for free through Career Services Online. It allows employers the power to post part-time, full-time, internship and co-op opportunities online for sudents and alumni to view.
- On Campus Recruiting: On-line recruiting and interviewing scheduling is available. Employers should contact Amy Chauvin at 337.482.1444 to schedule a date for campus interviews. Four-six weeks notice is recommended to allow sufficient time to: advertise the opening, allow applicants to submit resumes online, have employers prescreen resumes, and schedule interviews.
- Employer library: Company literature is displayed in our Resource Room for use by students and alumni seeking employment information. Employers are encouraged to update the available information.
- Career Day: Campus-wide Career Day are held each fall and spring semester. These events are designed to give students and alumni an opportunity to explore career opportunities by visiting with company representatives. In addition, employers have the option of interviewing selected candidates after the event. Each semester 90-115 employers are represented and approximately 1000-1450 students/alumni attend. Contact the Career Day Coordinator at 337.482.1444 for more information.
- Teacher Recruitment Day: School boards from across the United States recruit, interview and hire education majors at this event which is held each fall and spring semester. Call the Coordinator at 337.482.1444 for more information.